Sunday, February 22, 2015

Skillz

Just needed to write this down in a safe place. Our mistakes/faults/missing skills that occurred multiple times for January/February trials:
-Jump commitment with lateral distance (mostly it was me failing to cue the jump or not trusting it and being limited with options down the line because of it)
-Start line stays
-Lateral distance off weaves
-Speedy/blind weave approaches on my right side
-Backside jump off of dog walk (going around it and missing it completely)
-Flip (would have liked to use it twice, but chickened out both times)

Hoping to do this at the end of each month, check what skills we were missing the month or two before that and make that our homework. Since I won't be doing class, and the only training I might get is at run throughs once a week, where I don't get to choose the set up or see it beforehand, I need to be able to have several things I want to work on readily at hand that I can apply to almost any course set up. I figure one time through I will run the course set, the other time work on whatever skill set I have for the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment