Friday, May 1, 2015

BAM

Months of barely any posts, and here's my fourth in 3 days.

Nothing dog related. There's exactly one TV show I watch: Grey's Anatomy. It started when I was in vet school and at the beginning of the series, the characters were at the beginning of their surgical internships and very much mirrored what my class mates and I were going through during school. Now, the characters have aged and matured, marrying, divorcing, having babies. Also mirroring what doctors my age are doing (well, except me, but they have a new character this season who's just like me, so HA!) So I've always felt a parallel with the characters on the show, despite how bad the medical accuracy is.

Any way, a tree took out my power lines last week, and long story short, I had three hours to catch up on between last night and tonight since last night's episode was two hours long. And all three hours were some of the most emotional on that show in a long time. At least for me. When they unplugged Derrick, yeah, brought me right back to my sister. And the first thing I thought: "Why isn't his sister there? Why didn't they tell her before they unplugged him?" Made me angry. It's just a tv show. They needed her out of it for the story line, no other reason. She stifled her feelings, had things she had to work through, but never once did she mention not being told or allowed to be there. Being on that end, yeah, one big loop hole they missed. And then, the following episode with the burn victims, the one in the hospital bed that was cracking jokes and making fun of herself and others just to make the newbie feel better, yeah, reminded me of Barbara.

Hardest two episodes of a tv show for me watch. EVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment