Thursday, January 8, 2015

Teetering on the Edge

Yesterday I worked the OMD teeter performance test. Had to break it into parts since I only had one teeter not two, and the sequence also was set up to test the chute, and mine is ripped, so it really was just very short sequences ending with the teeter. Other than being ever so slightly slower when I held back completely, he was completely perfect. But I realized he was only 100% perfect because he doesn't really have criteria. He isn't required to hold a 2o2o, doesn't wait for a release. Just bang and go. But he doesn't fly off, doesn't turn around or refuse if I rear cross, still hits the contact zone. So if he can still maintain the loose criteria I have set and the criteria set by the agility gods (touching both yellow zones) no matter what I do handling wise, then is there anything wrong with the criteria? It isn't slow. But I feel like if he managed to be that successful then I haven't looked hard enough. It's not like I did a ton of work on the teeter. For now I'm just going to call it good, but I might try to test out some things in trials. 

No comments:

Post a Comment