Saturday, June 27, 2015

Rattie Faith

In response to my post about the BRats, here is evidence that just maybe my devotion to the terriers may last a little longer.

Three Rattie litter mates, all kept their tails, all went to three friends of mine in California.

Tierney:
Yet unnamed (likely Maple):
Rafa (with Daddy Ryder):
Maybe getting to see these three grow up will help counterbalance this pull I feel towards the Border Things. Three people who are all very serious about agility NOT feeling tempted by the Border Things, or at least not giving in to that temptation (though Tierney's owner does have two BC's in her pack).

I was thinking about it after my BRat post, what benefits there are on each side of the fence. For BC people, adding in the Rat gives a more convenient size and less of the OCD-ness, maybe helps decrease chances of epilepsy (though that is still a crap shoot). But for Rattie people, what do you get? A faster agility dog with a tail? Again, a faster agility dog is not my goal, or at least I don't think it SHOULD be. Seems like the BC people get a bonus by mixing in the Rat, but the Rattie people don't really gain anything except a tail. I'm really excited by these three pups. I sure hope they might inspire a few more breeders to leave tails. Then I can choose between the BRat and Rat equally. I would never NOT take a docked puppy if it was otherwise a nice dog, but in helping to keep myself from being tempted by "the dark side", tails are nice. And as much as I am normally one that likes to do my own thing, not be a follower, it's nice to feel like there are still people in the Rattie club, that not everyone is abandoning ship and going to BC's.



No comments:

Post a Comment